Wave artwork on the side of the Cranston DMV building


*RESERVATIONS - RI Division of Motor Vehicles is currently open by reservation only.

License Renewal

You Will Need:

  • current license
  • a credit card
  • a printer or email address

Let's Get Started! »

Registration Renewal

You Will Need:

  • current registration
  • current car insurance
  • a credit card
  • a printer

Let's Get Started! »

Drivers with Disabilities

Any person who is temporarily or permanently disabled may apply for a disability parking placard. To do so, you and your physician must jointly complete the application. Submit the form by fax at (401) 462-0829 or mail to the DMV headquarters in Cranston, Attn: Parking Permits Office. If your application is approved, you will be notified by mail.

RI Plate Reissuance

Now that RI Plate Reissuance is live, please click here for more information about obtaining your new Ocean design plate.

To view all the design submissions from the Plate Design Contest, please click here.

Dealers License and Hearing Board

The board regulates both new and used car dealers. Handles car dealer complaints from the general public. Investigates misuse of dealer regulations. Meetings and minutes are filed with the Office of the Secretary of State. 

(Enter: 'Motor Vehicle Dealers License and Hearing Board' in the Public Bodies search box)

American flag

Support Our Troops

Click Here to Learn How

Donate Life logo

At Donate Life Rhode Island, individuals are able to register to be an organ and tissue donor at anytime — 24 hours a day — 7 days a week

questions and feedback